ECC Veterinary Surgeon - Manchester
2 days left
- Full Time
Are you an ECC vet tired of working nights and looking for the holy grail of daytime work but do not want to go back to boosters and skin? Do you want to be more involved in critical care cases as well as getting the thrill of managing acute emergencies in a busy hospital?
PetMedics in Manchester are looking for 2 additional daytime ECC vets as a result of expansion, due to an increase in caseload.
We are a tier 3 hospital staffed with a fabulous friendly team of vets, nurses and support staff keen to discuss cases and bounce ideas off each other. We have certificate holders in Medicine, Surgery, Dermatology and ECC as well as vets working towards certificates in these areas and we are a truly supportive team, committed to providing exceptional care to our patients and clients. As we have our own OOH's service providing cover to both our own clients and local practices we see a huge variety of interesting cases. Our newly refurbished hospital with central prep area, dedicated ICU, prep-side ultrasound, EPOC and coags etc.. gives you all the toys to provide a high standard of care to emergent and critical care patients. We also have CT, digital X-ray, MiLab ultrasound, video endoscopy, surgical suite and dedicated cat, dog and exotics wards.
We are looking for someone either with or working towards their ECC certificate, or with experience in ECC to cover 3 week days per week and every other weekend days. The role will involve looking after critical hospitalised cases as well as seeing emergency walk in cases through the day.
In return, we will offer you a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 7 weeks holiday + bank holidays (with our buy & sell holiday scheme)
- Fully encouraged and generously funded CPD
- All professional fees paid
- Industry leading enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Fantastic pension scheme - auto enrolment and hassle free!
- Colleague discounts on pet products and treatments
- Access to our Sharesave scheme, allowing you to buy shares in the business to share in our success
- A range of other flexible benefits such as Cycle to Work, Gymflex, Perkbox and more!
Visit our website for contact details and to arrange an informal chat.