Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Thurmaston, Leicester
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house lab and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our Thurmaston practice in Leicester.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An experienced vet who is able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases.
• A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates and a nursing team.
• An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team.
• An organised individual who is confident in using computer programmes such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Teams.
• An individual who demonstrates initiative and business acumen.
• It would be desirable that the individual has managed teams before.
The position is working 4 days per week plus 1 in 6 full weekends
Basic salary up to £60,000 dependent on experience, plus:
Accommodation allowance £6,600 per annum
Vehicle Allowance £2,500 per annum
CPD allowance: £1,500 per annum + 3 days CPD leave per annum
RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid by Medivet- £869 per annum
We would arrange an appropriate commission structure from day one of employment.
5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
Our Thurmaston practice is situated in a lovely village close to the marina and the river Soar, with local amenities close by.
We have 15 minute consultations available for all our patients to give the best care available. Supportive and caring team looking for a Clinical Director to really drive this practice forward.
As well as our in-house services at Medivet Thurmaston, you’ll also get access to all the services available across the entire Medivet group.