Veterinary Surgeon (Days and Nights) – St Albans, Hertfordshire
Premier Veterinary hospital based in St Albans, Veterinary Surgeon.
Village Vet St Albans (Caytons) is open 24 hours a day. We are open around the clock to provide care for clients whenever they need it. We are also delighted to announce that the Royal College of Veterinary surgeons has awarded Village Vet St Albans ‘Hospital and Emergency Centre’ status under it’s nationwide Practice Standards Scheme. This is the highest level awarded by the College demonstrating the care and facilities provided meet their stringent requirements. The hospital is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This enables the team to provide emergency care 24/7.
Village Vet St Albans are in search of a fantastic Day/Night Veterinary Surgeon to join their hospital in St Albans. This role is responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value and an exceptional service. The combination of a day and night rota allows our Vets to work across highly experienced teams, receiving a variety of cases and opportunities to develop.
Village Vet St Albans is a well-established, purpose built small animal hospital. We take pride in our excellent reputation for friendliness and a high level of expertise. Our facilities are modern and well equipped with full digital diagnostic facilities, on site laboratory, full operating theatres, separate dog and cat hospital wards and ample parking on site. We have a very experienced and empathetic team of vets, nurses and support staff, some with extra qualifications, to ensure that clients receive the best care available.
Shift: 45 hours a week:
1 week of nights (Monday – Sunday)
1 week off
2 weeks of days (Monday – Friday)
1:12 Saturdays 8:30-7:30
1:12 Sundays 8:30-7:30
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Veterinary Surgeon.
- Comfortable working a day and a night rota.
- We will consider Veterinary Surgeons at all levels of experience.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Village Vet bonus
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service