Veterinary Surgeon - 22-40 hours per week - Oadby, Leicestershire
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - 22-40 hours per week - Oadby, Leicestershire - October 2020
At a loose end and debating your next move after Covid? Due to genuine practice growth, we need a competent, confident and experienced Veterinary Surgeon to complement our existing team.
The role is very flexible and can be tailored to suit the right person. It would be the perfect role for a vet with some experience wanting to further their career in a supportive practice or a working parent wanting a role to fit around school hours.
- A happy, well established practice, opened in 2005 with a client base of over 7500
- 98% colleague engagement and job satisfaction scores
- An excellent local reputation and were recently voted one of the top 3 practices in Leicestershire!
- Overall 4.8/5 client satisfaction scores
- Team consists of 6 vets, 4 RVNs, 1 SVN, 2 VCAs and 6 front of house advisers
- Structured management and mentoring team in place
- Certificate holders in medicine, surgery and behavior, regular acupuncture clinics
- Excellent relationships and communication between all clinical and non-clinical colleagues
- We have fun whilst we work, we are honest and open with a zero blame culture
- Anything but a vaccination and neutering clinic – we have a very busy and varied caseload
- Rough split of 45% dogs, 40% cats and 15% small furries
- A team approach with unrivalled levels of support for difficult cases
- At least 1 years UK post-grad experience with a passion for small animal practice
- Competent in all routine first opinion work, hard working and dedicated
- A quick learner, able to work accurately and consistently in a fast paced clinic
- A people person with excellent communication skills and a genuine team player
- Enjoy meeting clients, building relationships and maintaining our ethos of putting pets first
- Attention to detail and passion for exploring tricky cases
- Desire to complete further qualifications actively encouraged
About the role:
- Salary of between £33,000 - £50,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
- 22-40 hour week, flexible for the right person
- 1 in 3 Saturdays (no sole charge) from 8am-4.30pm, no Sundays, Bank Holidays or OOH
- For FT hours, time off in lieu for Saturdays worked and 1:4 long weekends off
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays pro rata rising to 5 weeks plus bank holidays after 2 full years service
- Equal mix of consults and surgery, 20 minute consults as standard with “catch up” time built into the diary
- Pro rata CPD budget of £1750 per year with 5 paid days to attend as a minimum
- Access to MUIS ultrasound, PLH digital x-ray, ECG, blood pressure monitoring, full in house lab and double theatre
- Generous company pension
- Range of high street discount schemes
- Excellent colleague discount in practice
- 20% off at Pets At Home
We are an equal opportunities employer.
If this sounds like your ideal next move, we’d love to hear from you so please click the apply button, attaching you CV and covering letter.