Clinical Director - Bedworth & Hinckley
A brand-new role has arisen within Medivet for a Clinical Director to manage and support our Woodlands group. The group consists of three practices:
- Medivet Bedworth Heath Road
- Medivet Hinckley Burbage
- Medivet Hinckley Station Road
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Vet with extensive clinical experience who is seeking to take their next career step. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver outstanding care and service and strengthen the relationship between the branches and the wider Medivet community.
Bedworth and Hinckley are market towns conveniently situated centrally in the country with fantastic commuter routes onto the major motorway networks. The towns are located close to the UK’s second biggest city Birmingham, while at the same time offering easy access to the beautiful countryside and historic towns like Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not exclusively:
- Management of a team of vets, including performance management, succession planning and CPD plans.
- Working alongside the regional teams to plan an efficient rota.
- Maintaining high clinical standards.
- Review of profit and loss accounts alongside the regional team and using intuition to highlight areas where savings and opportunities are clear.
- Investigation and management of complaints.
- Identifying business opportunities for practice growth.
- Identifying ways in which the clinic can improve and acting upon these in a cost-efficient way.
- Working alongside the head nurse to ensure that the nursing team is running in the most efficient and appropriate way.
- Liaising closely with the regional team to ensure correct implementation of Medivet policies and procedures.
- Building relationships between all staff and the local 24 hour hospital to encourage implementation of the “Medivet Model”.
- Ensuring a client and patient-care focused culture exists within the practice
Skills and experience:
- An experienced vet (5 years UK experience) who is able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases.
- A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates and a nursing team.
- An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team.
- An organised individual who is confident in using computer programmes such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Teams.
- An individual who demonstrates initiative and business acumen.
- It would be desirable that the individual has managed teams before.
The position is working 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays, to ensure continual management oversight of these practices.
Up to £70K salary package.
We would arrange an appropriate commission structure from day one of employment.
5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
To submit your application click the apply button below.