Head Veterinary Nurse - London
My wonderful client is looking for a Head Nurse to join their team,
You will report directly to the Clinical Director and will be in charge of creating a harmonious working atmosphere engaging with vets, nurses and receptionists to ensure a cohesive team with exceptional service
Importance will be placed on communicating effectively, utilising individuals’ skills and being willing to listen and to receive feedback. This will include understanding and delivering appreciation and praise which will contribute to maintaining the well-being of the team overall.
You will need to ensure the nursing and reception team is operationally efficient in accomplishing all tasks associated with running a successful veterinary practice,
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring high standards of nursing care in accordance with the RCVS guide to veterinary nursing.
- Implementing an efficient internal nurse structure and rota, including OOH’s in-patient care and OOH’s on-call to meet the needs of the business.
- You will provide a high quality veterinary service and be able to communicate to a high level at all times, whether within the clinic or communicated externally via marketing and social media.
- Ensuring nurses and receptionists have good preventative healthcare knowledge and veterinary understanding to be able to advise clients accordingly and recognise and act on pet emergency situations.
- Ensuring your service level and your team’s service level in the reception and waiting area excels at first impressions to foster excellent client relations, interaction and engagement.
- Performing surgical, radiographic, dental, laboratory, pharmacy, anaesthetic and in-patient care and procedures under the direction of the Clinical Director or a veterinary surgeon.
- Developing and delivering nurse clinics and puppy parties.
- Complying with stock ordering and control levels.
- Overseeing student nurse or auxiliary nurse training and qualified nurse CPD compliance.
- Developing good working knowledge of the practice management system to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform administration and financial duties as required by the business.
The practice are happy to fund CPD and potentially a certificate for the right applicant,
The ideal candidate will be a Clinical Coach or prepared to become one,
You will be responsible for sourcing and completing relevant CPD (under the direction of the Clinical
Director) and ensuring information obtained from CPD events is cascaded throughout the team.
You will work directly with the Clinical Director to arrange:
- Lunch and Learns
- Webinar sessions
- Nurse and reception meetings
- Monthly site meetings
- Quarterly clinical vet meetings to develop awareness of clinical frameworks and clinical governance
The ideal applicant will be able to use their initiative and work with the Clinical Director to help drive the practice forwards including developing the existing clinics held in the practice,
You will assist the reception manager to ensure all members of the reception team understand the importance of developing a positive, engaging, interested telephone manner
As the Head Nurse you will help to ensure constant attention to nursing literature and be regularly reevaluating methods under the direction of the Clinical Director
You should lead by example demonstrating clear, communication with clients, minimising
technical language to enable clients to understand the factors surrounding their pet’s illness.