Clinical Director – Buckhurst Hill, Essex
Are you a senior vet looking for the next step in your career?
Palmerston is a three-site group with a hospital in leafy Buckhurst Hill, Essex. The vacancy will be based at our main hospital which is within walking distance of Buckhurst Hill tube station; conveniently located on the central line of the London underground.
Buckhurst Hill is a pleasant residential settlement in the southwest corner of Essex, adjacent to London with half of its land being taken up by Epping Forest and other open spaces. With Epping Forest on our doorstep, you feel a million miles from the hustle and bustle of London. Buckhurst Hill is a desirable location across the age spectrum for many reasons. It has excellent access to public transport via the Buckhurst Hill Underground Station on the Central Line, Chingford-Liverpool Street British Rail Line nearby, buses and motorways. There are many other facilities including those connected to health, education, religion and leisure to name a few. The main shopping area is down Queens Road, it is home to some lovely boutique shops, restaurants, coffee shops and Waitrose.
You will be a great communicator, having empathy with clients and their pets, to provide excellent delivery of veterinary medicine and surgery but also provide exceptional customer service.
Hours of Work:
- Full time 8.30-7.30pm 4 days a week, with a full day off.
- Weekend duties 1 in 6 full weekend (consulting Saturday 9am-4pm and Sunday 10.30am-12pm)
- 1 in 6 Saturday morning (consulting 9-1pm)
- One evening on call per week either 7-10pm Monday to Thursday or Fridays from 7-8 pm. Outside these times you will also be responsible for in patients care/liaising with the 24/7 on site nursing team as required by rota system.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 7-9+ yrs. clinical experience to support and mentor junior members of the team
- Experience of managing a team and being a great leader
- Experience of dealing with finances/budgeting
- Will oversee the hospital and our 2 branch surgeries (Romford & Walthamstow)
- Must have very good communication skills & provide excellent customer service
- Generous holiday at 6 weeks (24 days plus 8 bank holidays)
- Generous CPD
- RCVS fees and one other professional subscription paid.
- Salary £65,000.00 +, depending on experience.
To submit your application click the apply button.