Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Beaminster, Dorset
£38-£50k per annum pro rata plus CPD/VDS/RCVS etc
One of the friendliest, most supportive practices you could ever wish to work in.
We are looking for an experienced (3+ years) small animal vet who takes pride in providing a great standard of care to clients and their pets and who is:
- Keen to have the right work-life balance and work in a beautiful, rural location on the Dorset/Somerset border, but with good access to larger centres
- Naturally warm and empathetic
- Self motivated and dedicated but with a sense of fun too
- Wants to play a key role in the development of our small animal work
- A strong team member who is willing to muck in and do their bit
- Wants to be part of an independent practice with no intention of selling to a corporate (and not run by a husband and wife with a whole load of drama)
- We have a practice boat. Seriously. A boat. And we use it
If so, and you believe you have the personality, skills and experience to be part of our happy and friendly team, then we would love to hear from you.
About the role:
- Full-time or part-time (between 24 hours and 40 hours per week)
- Generous salary (based on experience) within the range £38-£50k per annum (pro rata if PT)
- 5 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata if PT)
- 5 days fully funded CPD (£1500)
- OOH 1:4 weekend rota (Open Saturday morning, on-call for the remainder)
- Early/late shifts for better work-life balance
We are an incredibly friendly and very supportive practice with a particularly kind, friendly and loyal client base. Girling and Bowditch is an independent, graduate friendly, Tier 2 RCVS accredited, 5 vet, 8 RVN, three site, mixed practice based in modern, purpose built premises with on-site physiotherapy/hydrotherapy facilities. We have all the clinical and diagnostic equipment you could need (apart from CT and MRI), including some Gucci laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgery kit, Stortz endoscopy (including gastroscopy), DI digital dental x-ray, and a sonoscape S9-Pro US machine. You would be fully supported and coached in the use of this equipment if unfamiliar to you.
Our main surgery is based in Beaminster, a beautiful town located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just 15 minutes from the Jurassic coastline with lovely beaches, coastal walks etc, and the AONB Blackdown Hills are just round the corner. Poole is 40 minutes to the East and Exeter is 50 minutes to the West, and Bristol is about an hour north. Crewkerne is 10 minutes away with a mainline train service to London (Waterloo).
How to apply?
To submit your application click the apply button.
A reference from our long-term locum vet:
“I cannot recommend G&B highly enough. I have been a locum here for about 3 months and really enjoyed it to the point where, if I lived 20 miles closer, I would seriously consider a full time position (and this is coming from someone who really wants to leave the profession). Whilst it is a cliché, it really is a great team to work with and there is plenty of banter and fun. The RVNs and SVNs are properly switched on meaning the place runs like clockwork. The clinic has really good kit, including laparoscopic surgery facilities, a video endoscope, digital dental radiography. The ethic here is to do a proper job, not to chase targets, so you get to practice veterinary medicine the way it is meant to be done. There are quite a few Vets and there is plenty of scope for case discussion (we do M&M rounds once a week) and you can always approach the others for inspiration and a second opinion. Like I say, I cannot recommend it highly enough.” Harry Caldicott MRCVS