Product & Innovation Manager - Solihull
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in the Linnaeus Group for a Product & Innovation Manager to be located in the Linnaeus Support Office in Solihull.
Working for one of the UK’s leading and rapidly growing veterinary groups, we are looking to expand our team to support an ever changing and demanding set of business needs.
The role manages all product lines, merchandising, production innovation and idea generation for the business.
Linnaeus Group is a vibrant, forward-thinking partnership of highly respected veterinary practices across the UK, comprising some of the best clinicians in the profession.
Linnaeus invests in quality practices who put patient care at the heart of everything they do. We are incredibly proud of each and every member of our diverse portfolio, from the UK’s most respected small animal referral centres to our selection of high quality first opinion practices.
Our Vision is: ‘To be recognised as the UK’s leading veterinary group, committed to excellence in all that we do, delivered through high quality practices who share a common ethos’.
Our Values are: Leadership with Integrity | Learning & Innovation | Lifetime Commitment to Quality Care.
The role requires the job holder to define the product and innovation strategy for the business.
The role will be responsible developing great innovation for the business, working in collaboration with the Mars teams, where appropriate.
The role will be responsible to managing the Pet Health Club and future development, as well a product ranges and merchandising
- Define and implement the product and innovation strategy for the group, working closely with the operations team.
- Identify product and innovation opportunities for the business that will both drive growth and enhance margins. Prioritise the opportunities in relation to volume growth, margin enhancement and differentiation for the business. Aim to deliver at least five new opportunities to market each year.
- Build partnerships with other Mars associates to look at opportunities across the wider business that maybe relevant for the Linnaeus group and provide added value.
- Work closely with the Customer Service Manager in order to get client and vet feedback on ideas and opportunities. Take these ideas and scope them in relation to business opportunity.
- Refine ideas and make recommendations on these to the Group Marketing Director including the detail of the scope and opportunity. Once ideas have been approved, implement a product launch process system, such as stagegate to keep launches on track and on budget.
- Manage and work with procurement team on product ranges in order to enhance margins and drive growth. Define the growth targets and margins enhancements that will drive this growth and set parameters to measure them.
- Develop merchandising plans for the practices to follow and ensure compliance, working with the operations team. Set up a tool to measure compliance. Review and optimise plans based on feedback from the practices and evolving product ranges, in order to deliver the best return.
- Manage all non tangible products such as pet health club. Define the scope of Pet Health Club, develop opportunities and propositions for the practices to develop their Pet Health Club engagement and sign up. Define a target each year for Pet Health Club sign up across the group and ensure that this is achieved. Monitor competitor Pet Health Club products and offerings and recommend changes aligned to this.
- Manage trials of any new products as appropriate with clients and vets. Provide clear measurement for the trials in order to recommend if the product should be developed/rolled out or not.
- Work with the other marketing team members to share ideas and bring them to life ready for launch to the practices
Applications must be submitted by comprising a full letter of application with a relevant and up to date CV by clicking the apply button.