Veterinary Surgeon - Duns, Scottish Borders
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, FULL-TIME Veterinary Surgeon with minimum 2 years experience to join our expanding, friendly, motivated team of vets, based at our Cheeklaw clinic in Duns, Scottish Borders. The successful candidate would be required to work 4.5 days per week, to be split approximately 3 DAYS EQUINE and 1.5 DAYS SMALL ANIMAL, and to take part in an equally shared EQUINE ONLY ROTA.
- Keen for a mixed role to exercise and develop Equine, but also some Small Animal skills?
- Could you enjoy contrasting Equine ambulatory calls in the Scottish Borders and Northumberland backed by the support of 2 certificate holders; for ops at our Equine surgical unit?
- An opportunity to keep Small Animal skills developing in line with Equine interest development?
GALEDIN VETERINARY is a progressive mixed practice with nine branch surgeries located around the Scottish Borders, East Lothian and Edinburgh. This post would be based at our Duns branch where our main Equine team and premises are located (including an Equine surgical unit and clinic). Working mainly within the Galedin Equine team, but with an interest in Small Animal Veterinary care, you will have a good teamwork ethic and high standards of client care.
We cover the Scottish Borders, East Lothian and North Northumberland providing the highest level of equine care to a well-established and varied customer base.
All the usual equipment including - Digital x-ray, ultrasound (tendon and repro scanners), Equigait gait analysis system, new gastroscopy kit. The main day to day work is ambulatory with the support of our equine clinic and nursing staff for more in-depth on-site investigations which we actively encourage.
On the small animal side we aim to give an excellent first opinion service to our loyal and longstanding local clients, valuing continuity of care, with the opportunity to work up your own cases. Again, all the usual equipment including- in house blood analysers, ultrasound, digital x-ray and modern dental equipment including dental x-ray.
For an informal discussion in the first instance please contact Iain via email email@example.com to arrange. However, applications must be made via our e-Recruitment system to be considered.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying please click the APPLY button to submit your application, with an up to date CV and cover letter, demonstrating your suitability for the role.
The closing date is 18th October 2019, however, it is advised to submit your application as soon as possible as interviews will take place as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
- Galedin offer a competitive benefits package, in addition to salary and allowances. These are non-contractual and include:
- Friendly and professional working environment
- Competitive annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Generous continuing professional development (CPD) allowance
- Corporate discounts on goods and services
- Staff discount
- Membership subscriptions funded
- Life cover
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension
- Bike to work scheme
Further details are available should you be successful and offered employment with us.