Veterinary Nurse (Emergency and Critical Care) - Edinburgh
Veterinary Nurse - Emergency and Critical Care
Salary: £23,067 - £26,715 – Fixed term for 12 months
Veterinary Clinical Services
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Emergency and Critical Care (ECC) team in our Hospital for Small Animals for a year’s maternity cover. Our dynamic team sees referral emergencies round the clock within this busy teaching hospital. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about providing state-of-the-art nursing for critically ill patients. You will also be highly motivated to take your career forward by helping us develop and teach critical care nursing within our hospital.
Our hospital has a friendly and supportive working atmosphere, with a strong tradition of research and innovation. We have a strong ECC nursing team and offer excellent education and development opportunities. Prior nursing experience in a busy emergency room and/or in a referral hospital is essential. An advanced diploma in veterinary nursing or advanced certificate in ECC Veterinary Nursing is preferable, as is previous teaching experience.
- Comprehensive training and induction with friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- You will cover one shift per month our weekend rota (Saturday or Sunday) once you are fully trained.
- Excellent university pension scheme.
- We have a generous external CPD allowance and abundant free internal CPD.
- Holiday entitlement of 32 days + 4 days of public holiday per year (pro rata).
- This post is graded as a UE05.
Closing date: 24 September 2019.
To submit your application click the apply button.