Veterinary Surgeon - Co Cork, Ireland
1) To ensure the commercial team are technically excellent and Mervue Laboratories continue to be perceived as a market leader in its key market segments.
2) To identify and validate product development opportunities, particularly in its key product categories.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical veterinary and animal nutrition grounding, a good commercial awareness with an aptitude and interest in product development / R&D.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with sales team to ensure that the team is technically confident when detailing Mervue products and providing compelling evidence as to why Mervue products should be used. This will be achieved with training sessions and dual calling with the Mervue sales team.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders, major accounts and distributors whose support could increase Mervue’s reputation in the market.
- Support the new product development team in new product development and research.
- Remain current with new developments in the fields of nutrition and veterinary medicine in order to provide information to R & D, enhance customer support and enhance the perception of Mervue Laboratories’ position as leaders in the market.
- Responsibility for organising and collating trail work as deemed appropriate based on necessity feedback from the team andproduct technical documents required.
- Manage and resolve customer complaints and technical queries.
- Regular attendance at industry technical meetings will be required.
- Technical induction for any new members of the commercial team.
- Liaise with the marketing manager to ensure technical input on marketing campaigns and supporting editorial.
- Travel will be required internationally to customer meetings and trade events.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Veterinary Degree with a specialisation in the Poultry Segment. Experience and willingness to expand in to other segments would be a distinct advantage.
- Clinical veterinary experience.
- Previous Commercial animal health experience and a network in the industry would be a distinct advantage.
- 7 years plus, experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Key Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong problem-solving skills to root cause and sustainably resolve problems.
- The ability to actively identify and plan product improvements.
- Self-motivated, determined and able to work under own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and trust as a representative of Mervue Laboratories Ireland.
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
The Commercial Vet will cover Ireland and all of Europe with occasional travel to Asia, Middle East and Africa to support the commercial team. A career with us is exciting!
Primary Location: Cork, Ireland
Closing date: 1st October 2019
To submit your application click the apply button.