Small Animal Vet - Reading, Berkshire
We are looking for an additional Small Animal Vet to join the expanding team here at Burghfield and Goring Veterinary Group
This is a full time and permanent position, working 40 hours over 4 weekdays. We all contribute to the weekend rota, which is 1:6 Saturdays. We don't work on Sundays, and our OOH is covered by another practice, meaning there is no requirement for OOH in this role!
We are a group of two well established and RCVS accredited practices. We have all the usual toys, such as ultrasound, digital x-ray, endoscopy, a tonopen and an on-site laboratory for diagnostic testing.
We are extremely proud of our team, comprising 7 fantastic vets, several of whom hold a Certificate and 12 experienced nurses, two of which hold Diplomas. We have a great Practice Manager and support team too. Several of our team have been with us for over a decade, which we hope shows that this is a great place to work, and we really value our people.
Our large and loyal client base are majority insured, and they expect us to work up cases to a high standard. We have built great relationships with our clients, who provide us with a varied and exciting caseload, a complete mix of surgery and medical cases – something for everyone!
Our ideal candidate would be a great team player, who wishes to work up cases to a high standard, working closely with their clients to establish the best approach and course of action for each individual case and offering gold standard treatment to all cases. We would love someone with a surgical bias to join us, as we have the caseload to support a Certificate, which we are also happy to fund for the right candidate.
In return, we can offer you the following:
- A salary of up to £55000, negotiable dependant on experience
- Lucrative and achievable profit-sharing bonus scheme
- CertAVP support and funding for the right candidate
- 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme – allowing you to purchase an extra 2 weeks of annual leave!
- Access to our ShareSave scheme – allowing you purchase shares in the business
- Company pension scheme – auto enrolment and hassle free
- All professional fees covered, RCVS, VDS
- Fully encouraged and generously funded CPD allowance
- Colleague discount on pet treatments and products
- A range of other flexible benefits such as Cycle to Work Scheme, Gymflex, Perkbox and more.
Please apply today - we'd love to hear from you.