Small Animal Vet - Mickleover, Derby & Pride Park
Scarsdale Vets have been in the East Midlands for many years and have grown to be well-regarded and one of the largest providers of veterinary care locally, while maintaining the personal touch. We have 12 practices currently and have recently open three new practices.
Scarsdale Vets has a principal site at Pride Park where we provide first opinion treatments plus referral services for our own clients and other practices. Additionally, we have our own dedicated night teams. The facilities at all our sites are contemporary and we have a culture of discovery to ensure we stay ahead of the latest findings and recommendations.
Teams at the 11 community practices are close knit as they run these smaller practices as if it’s their own business, creatively providing clinics and services relevant to the local area and the needs of our clients and their pets. Working together as a bonded team we visualise you will become an integral part of the local community, trusted to provide the absolute best care and advice possible.
The Pride Veterinary Centre Hospital is a fast-paced practice with exceptional specialist equipment in situ. There are a number of wards for hospitalised pets and we specifically keep cats and dogs in separate wards.
We retain a family feel to all our sites and we very much want you to be part of our family.
Client facing skills are integral for this 1st Opinion Vet position, so we need applicants that really enjoy direct contact with the animal’s people. We have a regular returning customer base so naturally having the skills to build long term relationships is an asset.
This Small Animal Vet role will be split between our Mickleover practice and our Pride hospital so it will involve the usual routine procedures for 1st Opinion pet care and maintenance but there will also be frequent situations where the route to the prognosis could be an interesting journey.
There will be some sole charge work for this role, so you will need to be confident in making decisions and taking responsibility for treatments.
Required skills and experience
- Some years small animal experience
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent core veterinary skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate
- Commitment to continuous development
Would be good to have
- Ambition to be the best in what you do
- Have a relevant veterinary certificate or business-related post-graduate qualification
- A local working knowledge of our competitor practices
Professional Perks and Benefits
- Develop your own career plan and path whether that be clinical or commercial
- Attractive remuneration package with increased earning potential with tenure
- Excellent CPD offerings internal and external
- Discount pet health scheme
- Birthday off work
- Death in service cover
- Increase in holiday allowance with service
- Private health care
- Practice focus on health and wellbeing
Apply for Small Animal Vet - Mickleover, Derby & Pride Park
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly