Veterinary Surgeon (100% Small Animal) - Berkshire
Are you an experienced Vet Surgeon looking for your next challenge?
Would you like to work in a rich environment of highly skilled vets, including many certificate holders who genuinely foster career growth?
If so, this is a lovely opportunity to join a highly professional team within a multi-site independent group.
This practice has 7 sites operating a total of 11 Vet Surgeons, 16 qualified Veterinary Nurses and ample support staff. Their growing practice is looking for 2 enthusiastic Vet Surgeons to join their team on a full time basis. The main site is well equipped with the latest kit and referral work is conducted in-house. There is ample opportunity to see an interesting caseload should you be wishing to study for a certificate, many of the senior vets have trodden this path and can prove the support you will receive, they have done it! Applicants can be West London / Berkshire / surrounds based or be able to commute from the surrounding area. Those from outside the area looking to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
- Up to £45,000 depending on experience
- £1500 CPD allowance per annum / study leave
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Support with certificate encouraged
- Fees paid
- Workplace pension
- 1:8 OHH
- Accommodation can be provided
Our client offers a professional yet approachable environment, as well as the security and support of a well-established veterinary business.
What’s more, as the team is growing, there are plenty of opportunities to develop professionally, making this the ideal role in which to build an exciting career.
As an experienced Veterinary Surgeon, you'll be given clinical freedom to make calls on the best companion pet care you can. Your role will include a broad range of qualified veterinary skills, including routine surgery and consults. You will spend a mixture of time at the main hospital as well as branch work, with ample back up from other vets should you require it. This is a varied role which will strengthen your decision making skills and lead to a longer term confident professional.
To be considered as an experienced Vet Surgeon you’ll be:
- RCVS registered
- At least 2 years’ experience in the UK, you’ll have experience of working in a busy 1st opinion small animal practice and comfortable performing the basic surgery, spays, castrates, c- sections etc. You will also be happy to perform sole charge work at the branch when required. Naturally, you are a passionate people person and thrive working as part of a team. Willingness to expand your clinical skills by undertaking additional courses to further your knowledge of the would also be an advantage. This would be supported by the practice.
Global Veterinary Careers work in the capacity of employment agency and employment business for veterinary clients worldwide.