Veterinary Surgeon - Grimsby
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Veterinary Surgeon to join our Grimsby animal hospital team to carry out first opinion small animal veterinary work, including consultations, diagnostic investigations, surgical procedures and inpatient care.
We're a charity that has been helping sick, injured, abandoned and homeless pets since 1897. Pets help us in so many ways and they depend entirely on us. That’s why at Blue Cross we believe in helping pets because pets help us.
We help thousands of pets in need every month, providing veterinary care, expert behaviour help and find them loving happy homes, as well as advice and education for current or future pet owners and pet bereavement support. We develop lifelong relationships with pets and owners, providing quality care that is accessible and non-judgemental.
Looking for a better work-life balance with support from an excellent, well-structured charity organisation?
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Veterinary Surgeon to join our Grimsby animal hospital team to carry out first opinion small animal veterinary work, including consultations, diagnostic investigations, surgical procedures and inpatient care. You will have the opportunity to manage your own clinical cases from start to finish and you will be working in a modern hospital environment with access to an extensive range of diagnostic and surgical equipment including digital x ray, ultrasound, various scopes and more.
Working in a purpose-built hospital with excellent clinical standards, alongside 11 vets and 23 RVNs. Experience preferred but more importantly the right person to fit in with our friendly and supportive team.
Excellent work-life balance - working on a rota with lieu time given and competitive benefits.
Our animal hospital in Grimsby is in a fantastic location, close to both beautiful countryside and beaches with low cost standard of living including housing. The area has excellent schools and good transport links, with Humberside Airport being only 20 minutes away.
Key responsibilities will include:
- General clinical and surgical work, as directed by the Chief Veterinary Surgeon or Senior Veterinary Surgeon, in accordance with daily rotas
- Adhering to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional conduct
- Adhering to Blue Cross policies and follow Blue Cross procedures and guidelines
- Complying with Health and Safety and COSHH policies
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date clinical treatment records
We are looking for people with the following:
- Member of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It would also be great if you had:
- UK small animal or mixed practice experience
- UK driving licence
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
- £37,130 - £56,870 per annum
- Generous holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Shopping discounts and more!
To submit your application click the apply button.