Senior Veterinary Surgeon – Berkshire
My client is looking for a vet with experience that would like to continue their clinical work whilst also having some involvement in the running of the practice and the mentoring of the team (with support). You might already be in a senior vet role, or you might be looking for the next step in your career.
The position is full-time and they are a 4.5 Vet small animal clinic.
They have three vets that have worked there since they qualified (2010, 2014, 2016) and another vet that has worked there since 2009. They have a fantastic support team of RVNs, student VNs, patient care assistants and receptionists and a great Practice Manager. Several of these staff have worked there for years, and some have even come back.
- The role will be mostly clinical with a fair share of consulting and operating
- Most of them work a 4.5 day week, they would happily consider other options, including part time/job share
- One in four Saturday mornings
- One in 12 Saturday afternoons as back up vet at their local out of hours practice
They have a lovely airy practice with windows in all the consulting rooms. They have lots of nice equipment, dental x-ray, digital radiography, an endoscope, a multiparameter anaesthetic monitor, a nice ultrasound machine and a tonopen along with all the things you would usually expect.
They can offer a competitive salary and up to 7 weeks holiday a year + Bank Holidays on their buy sell holiday scheme. They will fund you through a certificate.
You will receive a range of benefits including:
- Financial support for your CPD
- A purpose built workplace
- Staff discount scheme
- Paid VDS and RCVS fees
Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs – such subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme.