Small Animal Vet Surgeon - South of England
Do you like the idea of working a 4 day week in an established hospital environment? Ever been tempted to working on the south coast but unsure of relocation? Or perhaps you’re an experienced Vet Surgeon looking for clinical freedom in your next challenge?
If so, this is a lovely opportunity to join a friendly welcoming team, if you are not from the area financial support with relocation is offered, to those Vet Surgeons already based in the UK as well as overseas.
This practice has 2 sites operating a total of 6 Vet Surgeons, 7 qualified Veterinary Nurses and ample support staff. The main site is currently having the luxury of a full refurbishment to create a modern, professional and pleasant working environment. They have a good selection of toys including:
- New x-ray
- In-house bloods
- Full operating kit
- Full dental equipment
Their growing practice is looking for an enthusiastic Vet Surgeon to join their team on a full time basis. Applicants can be Hampshire / Wiltshire / Dorset border based or be able to commute from the surrounding area. Those from outside the area looking to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
- Up to £45,000 depending on experience
- Up to £3,000 relocation package offered for successful candidates
- £1250 CPD allowance per annum / study leave
- 28 days holiday inc. bank holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Workplace pension
- Accommodation provided at weekends when on call
- 100% small animal practice
- 4 day working week
- 1:4 Saturdays (9am -12pm)
- 1:5 weekends (Inpatients only – emergencies are now outsourced)
Our client offers a fun and welcoming culture with a family feel, as well as the security and support of a well-established veterinary business.
What’s more, as the team is growing, there are plenty of opportunities to develop professionally, making this the ideal role in which to build an exciting career.
As an experienced Veterinary Surgeon, you'll be given clinical freedom to make calls on the best companion pet care you can. Your role will include a broad range of qualified veterinary skills, including routine surgery and consults. With the luxury of clinical freedom, you will be able to make your educated decisions as you wish.
To be considered as an experienced Vet Surgeon you’ll be:
- RCVS registered
- At least 1 years’ experience, you’ll have experience of working in a busy 1st opinion small animal practice and comfortable performing the basic surgery, spays, castrates, c-sections etc. Naturally, you are a passionate people person and thrive working as part of a team. Willingness to expand your clinical skills by undertaking additional courses to further your knowledge of the would also be an advantage. This would be supported by the practice.