RVN - Glasgow
New practice opening this summer. We are looking for a registered, caring and enthusiastic Veterinary Nurse to join our existing team in the East End of Glasgow due to the expansion of us opening a second practice.
The new Baillieston practice is currently being newly fitted out and will be opening this summer. Sandyhills Veterinary Clinic is a busy small animal practice on Shettleston Road, Glasgow. At present we employ one full time and two part time Veterinary Surgeons, two Veterinary Nurses, three Receptionists and a Cleaner.
Busy area in the East End of Glasgow, great location. Easy access to motorway links.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre and post op checks, bandage changes etc
- Puppy checks/ weight clinics / parasite control
- Assisting vet in consult room as required
- Nursing of patients
- Admission and discharge of patients including completion of consent forms
- Drug administration under direction of Veterinary Surgeon
- Updating case histories, charging for operations
- General hygiene of kennel area
- Preparation of theatre, equipment and patient
- Pre, peri and immediate postoperative care
- Assistance with induction of anaesthesia and maintenance of anaesthesia
- Assistance during surgical procedures
- General maintenance of hygiene and equipment in and around the theatre
- Preparation of equipment and patient
- Assistance with and performance of radiography procedures
- Processing of radiographs
- Maintenance and care of equipment & Radiation badges
- Obtain skin, urine and blood samples and sample examination
- Routine biochemistry and haematology
- Maintenance and care of analysers
- Packing and sending of samples to external laboratories
- Recording of results
- Telephone answering and reception duties where required
- Being courteous and efficient to clients and colleagues at all times
- Dispensing of medicines under the direction of the Veterinary Surgeon
- Computer updates for case histories (including lab reports and insurances), appointments and payments
- Handling of money and cashing up where required
- Stock control, ordering and stock rotation
- General tidiness and cleanliness of whole surgery
Confident, enthusiastic and caring individual who is a good team player. Willingness to develop new skills through annual CPD.
The salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Salaries are paid monthly in arrears by BACS. We also pay annual VN registration fees, VDS cover and private health insurance. There is a company pension scheme which is compliant with current Government requirements.
These are 26 days annual holidays (including one day on Glasgow Fair Monday in July) plus two days at Christmas and two days at New Year as per our holiday policy.
Uniforms are also supplied.
To submit your application click the apply button.