Veterinary Surgeon - Battersea, London
Are you passionate about shelter veterinary work? Our people and animals make Battersea a great place to work and your expertise will help increase our impact for dogs and cats.
Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and currently have three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals.
Our team of 8 vets and 26 nurses is responsible for the health and welfare of all animals across Battersea’s three sites. The team achieves this through providing high standards of veterinary care in all clinical procedures, surgery, preventative medicine and infection control, and through assistance and guidance on all matters of veterinary care to other departments within Battersea. The Clinic is Tier 2 accredited and an approved training centre for student veterinary nurses.
The role is based in our London site; however, the post holder may be required to work at our Battersea’s Old Windsor site (Priest Hill, Englefield Green, Windsor SL4 2JN) and Battersea Brands Hatch (Crowhurst Lane, Kent, TN15 7HH)
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to provide a high standard of cost-effective clinical care and customer service, treating Battersea inpatients and outpatients across all Battersea sites where required.
- Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS)
- Extensive small animal knowledge and significant experience with diagnostic, medical and surgical (routine and emergency) caseloads.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines, including the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands.
- Flexibility in work commitment; working extra hours if required and participating in an out of hours rota to provide emergency cover.
- 28 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays) per year
- A generous pension plan with up to 10% employer contribution
- Free membership to Simply Health, our healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance
- Costs of Professional Membership Fees covered
For full details, including our job applicant privacy notice, please download our recruitment pack. You can apply by visiting our website. All applications must be submitted before the closing date advertised
To submit your application click the apply button
Closing date for applications - 26th May 2019