SA Veterinary Surgeon - Alfreton, Derbyshire
Scarsdale Vets are delighted to be able to offer the opportunity to join a brand-new purpose-built practice in Alfreton, Derbyshire. This is a rare occurrence to have the chance to influence a business prior to day one of opening and ongoing into the future. We are therefore seeking pioneering small animal vets who have the vision and the dynamism to create an environment of success. Full training will be provided by one or more of our successful Practices and support will always be within your reach.
This brand-new practice will be run and managed by yourself and an accomplished nurse. There will also be client care advisors as the first point of contact with our patients and their people.
Working together as a bonded team we visualise you all becoming an integral part of the local community, trusted to provide the absolute best care and advice available.
As we are privately owned, we retain a family feel to our sites and we very much want you to be part of our family.
Building then growing and maintaining your client base will be a key element of your responsibilities.
While being run as an independent practice you will have autonomy for your cases as well as the full support of our hospital facilities and expert knowledge from the first opinion and referral teams at the Pride Veterinary Centre.
With several years’ experience of small animal care, you will have a good working knowledge of core procedures and proven excellent client care. Our customers come back to us again and again because they know we care.
There will be some sole charge work at this practice, so you will need to be confident in making decisions.
Required skills and experience
- Some years small animal work
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent core veterinary skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate
- Commitment to continuous development
Would be good to have
- Ambition to grow your own practice and build your own base
- Have a relevant veterinary certificate or business-related post-graduate qualification
- A local working knowledge of our competitor practices
Professional Perks and Benefits
- Develop your own career plan and path whether that be clinical or commercial
- Attractive remuneration package with increased earning potential with tenure
- Opportunity to establish your own local practice (without the financial outlay)
- Excellent CPD offerings
- Discount pet health scheme
- Birthday off work
- Death in Service cover
- Increase in holiday allowance with service
- Private health care
- Practice focus on health and wellbeing