Veterinary Communications Officer - Telford
We are looking to recruit a Veterinary Communications Officer to join our Veterinary Policy and Campaigns team.
They will support the delivery of a wide range of evidence-based pet wellbeing communications, campaigns and educational initiatives, including the PDSA Animal Wellbeing (PAW) Report, through media work and creation of digital, video and print content. They will also work closely with internal stakeholders to provide veterinary expertise across the charity.
This role has responsibility to:
- Support the delivery of a variety of evidence-based pet wellbeing communications and campaigns through different communication channels working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the team to develop and produce the PDSA Animal Wellbeing (PAW) Reports
- Support the organisation’s public affairs and collaborative work with the veterinary profession and other animal welfare organisations, using veterinary expertise to inform colleagues and provide evidence-based reports, digital content and case studies
- Work closely with the PR team on veterinary issues and pet wellbeing campaigns with media involvement to deliver media coverage
- Support the Marketing and Retail departments when communicating veterinary messaging to the public and supporters to ensure accuracy and credibility.
The successful candidate will be MRCVS or RVN and possess a real passion for improving pet wellbeing. A skilled copywriter and communicator, they will have a good understanding of veterinary clinical and husbandry issues, as well as with excellent literacy and MS office skills.
To submit your application, click the apply button.