Veterinary Nurse - Training Coordinator East London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an RVN or MRCVS looking for a new challenge! We are looking for a Training Coordinator at our nursing college based at The Wanstead Veterinary Hospital in East London. The role will involve teaching on both the Diploma for Veterinary Nursing Assistants and the Diploma in Veterinary Nursing, with associated marking and internal quality assurance with responsibility for maintaining Dip VNA systems. The role will also involve carry out branch visits for internal quality assurance, establish training needs and provide practical training. The successful candidate will be able to write and deliver internal training in a variety of formats to nursing and reception staff.
Our ideal candidate must have;
- RVN or MRCVS qualifications with at least five years post qualification experience in practice
- Flexibility to travel within the M25
- Enthusiasm for promoting best practice
- Teaching/ training experience, and either qualified teacher or willing to complete DTLLS/PGCE
- Experience in delivering excellent client care
- High level of literacy and technical writing
- Good presentation skills
- Diligent research skills
It would be advantageous to have;
- Experience in teaching and training VNs for clinical and soft skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings
- Degree qualified
- RCVS/CQ/C&G examiner
This is initially a maternity cover role but may have the potential to extend to a permanent position in the future.
We have an excellent benefit package including increasing holiday allowance, generous CPD funding, RCVS and BVNA fees paid, Simply Health Cash Plan which provides cash back / refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropody fees etc., plus generous shopping and leisure discounts.
If you are interested in this rewarding role, working with a family-run business and would like to know more please apply now!