Veterinary Surgeon - London
Job Title: Veterinary Surgeon (1 x permanent, full time or part time applications considered)
Location: Putney Animal Hospital, London
Salary: £41,748.88 inclusive of London weighting allowance plus additional on-call allowances (pro rata for part time)
Hours: The full time, permanent position is 35 hours per week (pro rata for part time) with participation in the on-call rota
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The Putney Animal Hospital provides frontline veterinary services for animals that are most in need. Animals are presented at the Hospital by eligible owners and by RSPCA Inspectors and Animal Collection Officers.
This role offers an exciting and varied small animal caseload, working alongside experienced vets within a supportive team environment. This is an excellent career opportunity for a small animal vet to increase their clinical expertise in all aspects of small animal surgery and medicine.
The role is ideally suited to a confident, enthusiastic candidate with a willingness to “get stuck in” and an ability to work well under pressure. Good team working and excellent communication skills are vital due to the shared responsibilities of the role.
Our provision of high quality veterinary care within a non-commercial environment results in a rewarding veterinary role with a direct, positive impact on animal welfare.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing consultations and treatment of owned and unowned animals.
- Undertaking a wide variety of surgical procedures for the animals in our care.
- Providing veterinary opinion on prosecution cases (training provided).
- Sole charge consultation and minor surgery at our recently refurbished Southall clinic.
- Reasonable night and weekend OOH rota (1:8 pro rata with good compensatory rest).
- A willingness to be filmed for media work is an advantage.
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Previous clinical experience preferable.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
- 35 hours standard working week
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service (pro rata for part time)
- a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme
- access to private healthcare scheme
- support for professional development after qualifying period
- access to our employee assistance programme
How to apply:
Please click the apply button and follow the instructions to complete an application form by the closing date of Tuesday 23rd April 2019. Note we do not accept CVs.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.