Veterinary Nurse - Ottawa, Canada
HD Tour: The Animal Emergency & Specialty Hospital - Ottawa-Gatineau, Canada
Veterinary Nurse (REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICAN) in the Specialty Department.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced RVN to work in Ottawa, Canada!
The Ottawa Animal Emergency & Specialty Hospital (OAESH) is the first hospital of its kind in Ottawa; a veterinarian-owned, 24-hour emergency and specialty facility serving Ottawa, Gatineau, and the surrounding area. We welcome emergency transfers and walk-in patients from any clinic in the region. We also offer Specialty services which require an appointment.
Our 9,500-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility not only includes our emergency department, but also our Specialty departments. We currently house Internal Medicine, Surgery, Dermatology, Dentistry and Oncology with further specialties being recruited.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVN) for our Specialty Department, including Dentistry, Surgery and Internal Medicine. Strengths should reflect competency in general anesthesia.
A minimum of three years’ experience as a Registered Veterinary Technician would be a strong asset for candidate.
Excellent communication skills are required, and basic knowledge of French would be an asset but is not a requirement. Attention to detail both in application of associated technical skills and organizational duties is essential.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Implementing an anesthetic and analgesic plan determined by the doctor and anesthesiologist.
- Knowledge and calculation of common anesthetic drugs.
- Assist with advanced procedures, such as endoscopy, dental x-rays and orthopedic surgeries.
- Work directly with the Emergency department, including assisting with transfers.
- Administer premedication, induction agents and perform intubation/extubation.
- Take part in Specialty Consultations and discuss referral procedures with clients.
- Understand and monitor patient’s vital signs pre- intra- and post-operatively.
- Manage patient’s recoveries.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and maintain anesthesia machine, monitoring equipment, and dental equipment.
- Be a team player with the flexibility to be cross trained in different Specialty Departments.
Benefits will be proportional to experience.
Due to Immigration policies, applicants are recommended to follow this link http://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx which provides all the information required.
Applicants must possess a valid work permit from the Government of Canada, be a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada to become a Registered Veterinary Technologist. For direct questions, please contact email@example.com and refer to further information which can be downloaded below.
This position has tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement as our busy hospital continues to expand. We like to work with energetic, motivated, and communicative individuals with a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of pets and their people. Come and join our new professional team – we look forward to hearing from you!
- Motivated and willing to learn new procedures
- Able to handle stressful situations in both our Specialty and Emergency departments
- Experience in CPR would be an asset
- 2+ years’ experience in Anaesthesia is a requirement
- Competitive benefits are available after 3 months probationary period is complete
- Services are offered with 50% discount. Labs at cost plus 10%.
- Goods via our suppliers are offered at cost.
- Frequent continued education classes.
To submit your application please click on the apply button