Veterinary Surgeon – Lancashire
Our clients run a small animal practice in Burnley that achieved the top tier Veterinary Hospital status from the RCVS. This means they have the best equipment, team and processes in place to deliver outstanding pet care. And because of this, they are seeking a new permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
To that end you can expect to work in one of the UK’s best equipped hospitals. You will be supported by an awesome (and much loved) nursing team. You can expect to be supported and encouraged to work cases up to a high standard. And you can expect a case volume that allows you to grow as a veterinarian, without breaking you mentally or physically. On that note, there is always a support network there and at least one other vet, they never leave vets (or anyone else) out on limb.
Here are some of the technologies they’ve invested in: (lessons given on all equipment).
Ultrasound, rigid laparoscopy, digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, endoscope, tonometer pen, capnograph, infusion pump, syringe drivers, ECG, Doppler, Radiosurgery, cryosurgery, Idexx blood analyser - Catalyst, Vetlyte, Procyte, Snap reader. Microscope, centrifuge, hydrotherapy treadmill.
You will become confident in your abilities to communicate with clients and perform much of the day to day work of a small animal vet.You’ll have a genuine fondness for people and be able to work well with clients and staff to achieve good outcomes
You’ll also have a desire to grow and be the type of person who seeks out feedback and opportunities to develop. (they’ll definitely be happy to support you with this as long as their goals are joined up).
You’ll need to be able to do the following to be successful in this role:
- Deliver empathetic, trust-building consultations for wellness and ill/injured animals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making skills to create and implement diagnostic and therapeutic treatment plans.
- Dentistry (we use dental x-rays and perform extractions using surgical technique and will teach you how to do this if you don’t know yet.)
- Surgical skills - neutering, lump removal wound repair are the core skills we need. If you can do more or want to learn more that’s a bonus.
- Imaging skills - basic abdominal and thoracic radiograph interpretation. Ultrasonography is a bonus that would be highly regarded.
- Ability to build trusting relationships quickly and have high emotional intelligence.
A fantastic opportunity for a Vet with limited experience but wanting to join a hospital status practice, to join them and grow with all the support! Ideally 2+ years experience please.
To submit your application, click the apply button.
Apply for Veterinary Surgeon – Lancashire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly