Practice Nurse - Mickleover
Our Mickleover practice has been an integral part of the local community for 30 years and we have recently moved to larger premises. Fully equipped with two consultation rooms, pharmacy, prep area and operating theatre, imaging room and laboratory, we offer the absolute best veterinary services to our community.
We are a privately-owned practice so therefore we retain a family feel to our sites and we very much want you to be part of our family.
This recently relocated practice will be run and managed by an experienced vet and yourself as the accomplished nurse. There will also be a client care advisor as the first point of contact with our patients and their owners.
Working together as a bonded team, we visualise you all becoming an integral part of the local community, very trusted to provide the very best care and advice available.
We only have this current vacancy as one of our established nurses has taken the opportunity to transfer to a brand-new Scarsdale practice in Wollaton, Nottingham.
As a business we take pride in providing outstanding pet healthcare and this role of veterinary nurse enables us to do this at a local level in the community.
You will be involved in all theatre and imaging work, anaesthetics, nurse clinics and general stock/maintenance/promotion of practice. We anticipate that your individual clinical knowledge will improve steadily. Our CPD allowance is generous and actively promoted.
This is a full-time role of 41 hours per week working between the opening hours of 8.30am at the earliest start to 7pm as the latest finish. There is also one Saturday morning to work in every three weeks.
Any OOH work will be covered by our hospital site at Pride Park and this is where your internal training is likely to be held, where we have the UK’s most innovative veterinary equipment.
Required skills and experience….
2. Nurse clinic knowledge
4. Excellent organisational skills
5. Driving licence and own transport
Would be good to have….
1. Specialist clinic knowledge
2. Interest in nutrition, weight management, preventative healthcare
3. Experience of lone working within a practice – able to make own decisions, initiatives etc
4. Stock control/ordering
Professional Perks and Benefits
1. Opportunity to develop practice/involvement in decisions
2. Friendly, small, close-knit team
3. Opportunity to undertake CPD such as Pet Health counsellor, nurse certificates
4. Excellent internal CPD at our hospital
5. Staff Pet Scheme
- Birthday off work
- Practice focus on health and well being
- Increased annual leave with service