Imaging Veterinary Surgeon - Dudley
Opportunity for an Imaging Vet to join a brilliant team in the Midlands. You will either have your Certificate or be working towards it. You will be working at an accredited Veterinary Hospital and surrounding local branches (On the leafy edge of the West Midlands, but all within 30 mins of Birmingham City centre). The role is with an Independent small animal, First Opinion and Referral Practice with a strong vet team of 15 including 4 Certificate holders (Cardiology, Dermatology, Soft tissue/Orthopaedic, and Surgery).
They pride themselves on being family vets for family pets, they have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of their Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of our Client Care teams. There is a high volume of radiology, and ultrasonography with occasional MRI (on a demand basis) supported by our veterinary team. This will give you the ability to develop your own case load and be the master of your own development.
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, and 11 operating theatres
- Support of 15 vets, 24 RVNs on a ratio of 1:2, and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:5
- 15 minute consultations
- High % insured client base with dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance
- 4.5-day week
- Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house OOH, while on attractive rota of approx. 1:10 weekends with a 4-day weekend the following week
- Overnight on call 1:10, fully supported with back up from our 4 partners
- On site accommodation for on call OOH if required
- Access to and support from our 4 Certificate holders, with an established mentoring programme
- Off rota induction programme
- Team buddy in addition to mentor to support your integration to the team
- Surgery/case opportunities from across the branches
- Weekly in house CPD
- Long term career opportunities, Certificate, and Branch Management are all possibilities
- Sabbatical opportunities after 24 months
- Salary - won't be beaten on salary
- Assistance with relocation
CPD allowance per annum for relevant external CPD inc BSAVA membership
- Certificate funding when ready
- RCVS/VDS membership funded
- Staff discount on pet care
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme supported
- Annual leave of 33 days per year (including bank holidays)
What Happens Next?
If you wish to find out more please click the 'Apply' button. This will send a notification to the consultant looking after this vacancy who will get in touch at a suitable time to share further details on this opportunity. Any communication will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to anyone unless you give us your permission, so there is nothing to lose in finding out more!