Veterinary Business Manager- Guildford
Veterinary Business Manager - Guildford
Castle Cary, SOM, GB, BA7 7PH
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
REQUISITION NUMBER: 194868
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realise your ambitions. And realise there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Veterinary Business Manager
Territory: BL,CH,L,LL,M,OL,SK, WA,WN
Salary: £27000+ bonus and benefits
(not based from Head Office)
Royal Canin is a global leader in pet health nutrition. In an industry that continues to adapt to popular trends in cat and dog food, our mission will remain the same; to constantly bring, through Health Nutrition and shared knowledge, the most precise nutritional solution for cats’ and dogs’ health nutrition needs, by building on constantly deepened scientific knowledge and Royal Canin’s roots in the feline and canine professional networks.
One of our key values is “The team before the individual”. This, combined with a decentralized organization, diverse environment, and extensive flexibility, contributes to the efficiency and performance of all of our associates. Our dedicated associates live by this value to take on the most ambitious challenges, allowing us to be a world-class organisation.
At Royal Canin, you are challenged with interesting work and given development opportunities. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And while finding ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability, making our world a better place for pets.
It’s all about:
- In the specialist Veterinary industry, the Veterinary Business manager is responsible for implementing Royal Canin’s strategy on the market through a local customer’s strategy by using promotional plans to feed more cats and dogs.
- This responsibility requires a good knowledge of the industry, a good technical understanding of RC Veterinary portfolio and a strong willingness to be close to customers.
- The sales development is a key aspect of the job and must be achieved through feeding more cats & dogs from other markets such as Grocery and homemade feeds; therefore the recommendation and the exposure of the products are paramount.
- The job holder also makes sure that the (scientific) image of the brand is being widely distributed and presented on the market, in line with the Brand Identity Charter.
- The job holder should strive to develop and improve the sales and business approach of the Territory.
- Manage and develop the Veterinary Territory sales according to the objectives of the Royal Canin Veterinary Business Strategy within their defined area.
- Manage Accounts on territory
- Management of local budget
- Part of the RC Veterinary team
- Participate at Regional and National Sales meetings
- Proactively promote product and brand visibility (including merchandising) through correct and strategic product placement within practices
- Develop structured Business Plans and relationships with all key clients
- Implement training process for practices
- Ensure best practice sharing amongst colleagues
- Achieve sales and distribution target through implementing National and Local promotional plan and activities
- Identify new opportunities to develop sales in line with company strategy
- Support Key Account strategy
- Support new products launches
- Ensure close working relationship between all brands and channels
- Management of call coverage and journey planning
- Provide local market information to line manager and other teams.
- Management of local budget
- Possible management of Key accounts within Territory
- Attendance at company events – Eg; BSAVA, BVNA, LVS
- To maintain up to date Territory files
- Part of the RC Veterinary team and Crown Pet Foods
To do the job you’ll need:
Experience within the Veterinary industry and a sales background would be an advantage.
You will need to have proven customer focus and demonstrate being numerate, results driven and action orientated.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- Flexible working
- A role with great autonomy and exposure to senior management
"We are committed to equal opportunity employment practices."
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.