Permanent Night RVN - Cheshire
Due to expansion and development, we have exciting opportunities for full or part time RVNs to join our friendly team on a permanent basis in our clients busy specialist referral hospital in Cheshire.
My clients provides specialist referral services to practices in North West England and North and Mid, Wales.
Located in modern, state of the art facilities with free onsite parking and within an easy commute from Runcorn, historic Chester, Liverpool and Warrington our clients specialist disciplines are; orthopaedic; soft tissue and spinal surgery; neurology; internal medicine; oncology; and, anaesthesia with support in diagnostic imaging.
Working alongside highly qualified and experienced teams we are looking to recruit an experienced RVN to join the night nurse team. You would work 9.30pm until 7.30am on a 7 on 7 off basis which will average at 35 hours per week. The inpatient care is the primary focus of the night nursing roles which includes a high dependency service. You will work alongside a nursing, ACA and clinician team with specialist clinician out of hours support.
Knowledge of referral work would be advantageous, but is not essential as thorough training will be provided.
In this rewarding role you will be expected to:
- Identify the patients care requirements, focus on their needs and act upon them.
- Monitor and record the patients’ condition and document provided care services.
- Resolve or report on patients’ needs or problems.
- Prepare patients for examinations and perform routine diagnostic checks.
- Treat medical emergencies
- Follow care regulations and standards
- Work within and cooperate with a large multi discipline team.
As a market leader in small animal care we offer a supportive and friendly working environment together with career development opportunities and an excellent package and benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Increased leave for long service and a day off for your Birthday
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Personal development plan to support your career pathway and CPD allowance
- Additional leave for personal milestones such as birthdays, starting school and moving, plus an extra week off when getting married or entering into a civil partnership
- Access to the Pets at Home Restricted Share Plan (free shares) and Sharesave Scheme (discounted shares after a year’s service)
- Subsidised canteen (lunch provided daily) and free parking
- Professional membership paid for