RVN - Godmanchester
We are looking for an experienced RVN to work in our busy surgery at our main site in Godmanchester.
Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that’s dedicated to improving the lives of creatures great and small.
We’ve got a rich history, over 270 employees and a strong mission and values system. Our leadership team is experienced, highly talented and have been taking us from strength-to-strength since our inception in the 1920s.
We now boast centres across Godmanchester, Heydon and London and have 11 retail shops stretching from St Ives to the heart of England. Financially, we are strong and set to become stronger with year-on-year financial growth and year-end funding of in excess of £30million for the financial year 2016-2017.
This is a full-time position and will include working weekends on a 1 in 3 basis as part of our rota.
You will work well under pressure and relish being part of a team. You will be required to promote the Charity, its aims, work and policies to the benefit of animals in our care and in the community.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, modern purpose built facilities and the support of a friendly and experienced team.
You will be expected to provide excellent standards of veterinary care and husbandry.
- Pension - the Shelter operates a pension scheme of which you will be automatically enrolled under the automatic enrolment, with a minimum contribution of 4% from the employee and 3% from the employer.
- Annual leave is 30 days including bank holidays (pro-rated dependant on start date and hours), increasing to 32 days after 3 years and 34 days after 5 years. Annual leave year runs from April to March.
- Occupational Sick Pay, 10 days in the first year increasing to 15 days in the second year (pro-rated dependant on hours) with an additional discretionary hospitalisation allowance
- Discounts available in our restaurant and at a specific veterinary surgery
- Health Shield which is a Health Insurance Scheme which allows claims to be made for dental, optical, complimentary therapies etc.,
To submit your application click the apply button.