Veterinary Surgeon - Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
Location: Grimsby Animal Hospital, North East Lincolnshire
Salary: £37,130 - £56,870 plus benefits including accommodation
Contract: 12 month fixed term, Full-time
Looking for a better work-life balance with support from an excellent, well-structured charity organisation?
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Veterinary Surgeon to join our Grimsby animal hospital team to carry out first opinion small animal veterinary work, including consultations, diagnostic investigations, surgical procedures and inpatient care. You will have the opportunity to manage your own clinical cases from start to finish and you will be working in a modern hospital environment with access to an extensive range of diagnostic and surgical equipment including digital x-ray, ultrasound, various scopes and more.
Working in a purpose built hospital with excellent clinical standards, alongside 11 Vets and 23 RVNs. Experience preferred but more importantly the right person to fit in with our friendly and supportive team.
Excellent work life balance - working on a rota with lieu time given and competitive benefits.
Our animal hospital in Grimsby is in a fantastic location, close to both beautiful countryside and beaches with low cost standard of living including housing. The area has excellent schools and good transport links, with Humberside Airport being only 20 minutes away.
Key responsibilities will include:
- General clinical and surgical work, as directed by the Chief Veterinary Surgeon or Senior Veterinary Surgeon, in accordance with daily rotas
- Adhering to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional conduct
- Adhering to Blue Cross policies and follow Blue Cross procedures and guidelines
- Complying with Health and Safety and COSHH policies
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date clinical treatment records
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
- Member of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It would also be great if you had:
- UK small animal or mixed practice experience
- UK driving licence
What’s in it for me?
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
- Salary of £37,130 - £56,870 per annum
- Accommodation available
- Generous holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
Closing Date: 10 December 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.