RVN – High Wycombe, South Bucks
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and friendly nurse to join our dedicated team. We are a progressive practice offering top clinical standards and high level client care while still nurturing a fun team environment.
We are a longstanding, independent small animal practice in the heart of the Chiltern Hills. Our strapline sums up the ethos of the clinic; “Modern Healthcare, Traditional Values”. We offer the highest level of patient care combined with good, old-fashioned customer care.
Our main surgery is in the centre of High Wycombe and there are three satellite branches in Flackwell Heath, Marlow Bottom and Holmer Green. We currently have ten vets (eight full time and two part time), five QVNs, and six trainee nurses (various stages of training).
- Ten vet small animal practice. Traditional partnership with two partners.
- Main surgery in High Wycombe and three branches approximately 4 miles apart in Marlow Bottom, Flackwell Heath and Holmer Green.
- RxWorks computer system with live link to branches
- Five consulting rooms at main branch (High Wycombe), two at Flackwell Heath and Holmer Green and one at Marlow Bottom.
- 2 ‘clean’ operating theatres at High Wycombe, one each at Flackwell Heath and Holmer Green.
- Further, at High Wycombe
- Prep area with tub table and scrub sink.
- Further ‘dirty’/ dental tub table
- Digital main x-ray plus separate dental x-ray facilities.
- New colour doppler ultrasound machine
- Endoscopy: Rigid, flexible bronchoscope, flexible gastroscope
- Isoflo anaesthesia
- Full ASIF orthopaedic kit, securos locking plate system, traumadrive drill set.
- Dental room tub table, dental unit with high speed drill, fibre optic light, scaler and polisher.
- Laboratory – Idexx: Procyte, Catalyst, SnapShot, microscope etc. Same day courier service for any external samples for Idexx.
- Shoreline kennelling plus two walk-in kennels
- Isolation unit with shoreline kennels plus further walk-in
- Further, at High Wycombe
- 10 nurses
- 16 receptionists across 4 sites
- One practice manager and an office administrator
Our nurses work Monday - Friday on a variable shift pattern starting at either 7:30am, 8am, 9am, 10am or 11:30am
We cover our own OOH emergency service up to 10pm at the High Wycombe surgery after which the emergency calls go through to Vets Now. Any patients seen between 7pm and 10pm are charged an OOH nursing call out fee which is claimed by the nurse.
After closing, at 7pm, one nurse per evening is on call with a vet until 10pm in case any emergencies come in. The nurse then spends the night in a spacious, modern, comfortable flat which is part of our Grade 2 listed building.
The overnight nurse is paid a set fee to spend the night on call plus extra payments are made for any visits to our kennel area which are necessary to care for inpatients that may have been kept in for observation.
The nurses also work some weekends on a rota basis. Saturday 8am – 4pm and Sunday 9am-11:00am. The nurse is then on call until 10pm and spends the night in the flat. The evening and night work is paid (as above), Sunday hours are paid at time and a half and a day off is given in lieu of working a Saturday or Bank Holiday.
The weekend rota is currently 1:8 and the night call rota about 1:8
We are ideally looking for a RVN or a nurse that has already gained some practical nursing experience.
4 weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays.
We have an ongoing commitment to CPD, provided externally and in-house.
Grade 2 listed building in the centre of High Wycombe with easy access by rail to central London and by road to main junctions of the M4 and M40.
Salary is dependant on experience. In addition to a salary, nurses can claim for night duties, plus any overtime or OOH work.
To submit your application click the apply button