Enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon required, Dudley
Enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon with 5+ years' experience required to join an award winning friendly team, at an Accredited Veterinary Hospital and surrounding local branches (On the leafy edge of the West Midlands, but all within 30 mins of Birmingham City Centre). The role is with an Independent small animal, First Opinion and Referral Practice with a strong vet team of 15 including 4 Certificate holders (Cardiology, Dermatology, Soft tissue/Orthopaedic, and Surgery).
They pride themselves on being family vets for family pets, they have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of their Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of our Client Care teams. Big enough to offer award winning care, facilities and expertise for the Black Country's much-loved pets. Small enough to care for client and employees alike treating them as unique individuals - family matters to them.
In role benefits
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, and 11 operating theatres
- Support of 15 vets, 24 RVNs on a ratio of 1:2, and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:5
- 15 minute consultations
- High % insured client base with dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance.
- 4.5-day week
- Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house OOH, while on attractive rota of approx. 1:10 weekends with a 4-day weekend the following week.
- Overnight on call 1:10, fully supported with back up from our 4 partners
- On site accommodation for on call OOH if required
- Access to and support from our 4 Certificate holders, with an established mentoring programme
- Off rota induction programme
- Team buddy in addition to mentor to support your integration to the team
- Surgery/case opportunities from across the branches
- Weekly in house CPD
- Long term career opportunities, Certificate, and Branch Management are all possibilities.
- Sabbatical opportunities after 24 months
- Salary - won't be beaten on salary
- Assistance with relocation
- CPD allowance per annum for relevant external CPD Inc. BSAVA membership
- Certificate funding when ready
- RCVS/VDS membership funded
- Staff discount on pet care
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme supported
- Annual leave of 33 days per year (including bank holidays)
Talk to us in confidence about this opportunity and other suitable positions by contacting a member of the Prospect Health Veterinary Division on 01423 813 453.
Apply for Enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon required, Dudley
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly