Registered Veterinary Nurse - Windsor
Looking for a new challenging in 2018? An exciting opportunity has arisen for an RVN to join our 10-nurse team at our modern, well-equipped Tier 3 hospital in Windsor.
We have 6 vets supported by a friendly, experienced and enthusiastic team with a focus on client care and clinical excellence. We offer a busy, varied role where our nurses valued and encouraged.
We are a privately owned Veterinary Group and have been established in the area for over 100 years. We aim to provide a friendly, caring service supported by a very high standard of facilities and equipment. Our main hospital is located in Windsor with a resident nurse on site 24 hours a day. We are proud to offer a 24-hour service covered by our own vets, assuring continuity of care. We also have branch surgeries in Ascot and Egham.
Full-time permanent registered veterinary nurse.
We ensure our nurses have a satisfying and varied role. The rota will incorporate different shift responsibilities each day whilst still working as part of the overall team. The shifts are as follows:
The rota will include the following shifts and include one hour for lunch unless otherwise specified:
- Dispense – 8.15am to 6pm (1.5 hours lunch)
- Theatre – 8am to 5pm
- 2nd Ops – 8am to 5.15pm
- Kennels – 9.30am to 6.30pm
- Recovery – 8am to 5pm
- Night Duty – 4pm to 10am
- Weekend – 9.30am to 9.30am
We believe as a practice that providing our own out of hour’s service gives the very best level of care to our customers and we value those that work to provide this service. As such we aim to give off time in lieu of shifts worked as follows:
- When working a Saturday, the nurse will work the Wednesday night duty (starting at 4pm), finish at 10am Thursday morning and also have Friday off.
- When working a Sunday, the nurse will be off at 9.30am Monday morning, work as usual Tuesday and Wednesday, work the Thursday night duty (starting at 4pm) and finish at 10am Friday morning.
We are looking for someone to join the team who is enthusiastic and hardworking and has a passion for animal care and customer service. Applicants must work well with a team and have the ability to communicate effectively with both other members of staff and clients.
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (or time off in lieu of bank holidays worked)
- Staff Pet Scheme
- CPD supported
Click on the link below to download a full job description.
To submit your application, click the apply button.