Hospital Managing Director - Cambridge
Department of Veterinary Medicine, West Cambridge Site
An exciting opportunity is offered on a permanent basis for the right individual at the prestigious Queen's Veterinary School Hospital.
The Hospital Managing Director will provide the leadership and management required to enable the Queen's Veterinary School Hospital to fulfil its ambitious goals:
• To increase its income and caseload
• To consolidate the national and international clinical reputation of the Hospital
- To join the Department's Senior Management Team to ensure the long term success of the University of Cambridge Veterinary School
- To work with the Head of Department, the Hospital Board and a Clinical Advisory Group to drive change in Hospital strategy and culture
- To provide strong leadership, direction and management for its business, finance, IT and administrative planning and structures
- To facilitate the delivery of an efficient clinical service to meet the targets for growth and in this context, to manage the leads of the individual clinical disciplines
- To promote the development of high performing clinical teams and a commitment to continuous improvement across all aspects of clinical service delivery
- To ensure appropriate levels of investment in all clinical areas
- To oversee the management of the Hospital administrative staff
- An outstanding career in senior financial management in a successful commercial business
- Substantial experience in leading programmes involving complex organisational change
- Proven leadership skills, involving influencing and negotiating with diverse teams
- Excellent communication and people skills
Details of specific requirements are described in the further information for this role.
Information about the Department: https://www.vet.cam.ac.uk/
Please upload the following documents: curriculum vitae and a brief statement (no more than one side of A4) about how your experience fits the profile for this role.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, click the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 8 October 2017
Interview date: 27 October 2017
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be expected to make a presentation at interview.
Please quote reference PP13183 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.