An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mixed Animal vet to join our ever expanding practice Kebir House in Northallerton.
We’re looking for an experienced 2 years+ qualified mixed vet, mainly farm vet to embrace a fulfilling role within which you can develop both professionally and personally. As qualified MRCVS, you will already have good experience gained in practice. You will be confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Our out of hours rota is 1:4. A dedicated out of hours answering service screen the calls and out of hours work is mainly quiet with expected seasonal peaks.
Full time and part time hours are negotiable, tell us what you can offer.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £45,000 per annum depending on experience:
- Support of Tier 2 (General) visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK, providing you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arriving in the UK
- Relocation package should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Leadership training
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- Colleague purchase scheme
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
Skills and experience:
You must be a veterinary surgeon who is registered with the RCVS with large animal experience.
Our Northallerton practice is 65% Large animal, including some export work, dairy, beef and sheep with 30% small animal and a small amount of equine.
Kebir House is a knowledgeable, friendly team of dedicated and experienced large and small animal vets who are committed to providing excellence in veterinary care for pets, horses, farm animals, and exotic pets whether at the surgery, at home or on the farm.
Kebir House has been providing veterinary care for local people since before the First World War and has been at the current, central Northallerton location for over 50 years. Through diligence, clinical excellence and above all compassion, Kebir House has built a reputation for outstanding, comprehensive veterinary services available 24 hours a day across the district.
Northallerton is a stunning market town in the heart of the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside. It is perfectly situated between the picturesque Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors with plenty of outdoor activities to experience. It also has fantastic rail links and is quick and easy to get to the cities of York and Newcastle.