Salary: £55000 - 65000pa depending on experience
Hours: Full Time/ Part time
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon, to join our Balderton Clinic .
Medivet are a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice, online and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Collaborate with the team with the to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
• CPD allowance & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
• Funded certificate opportunities
• 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Leadership training
• Pension scheme
• Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
• Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
• Colleague purchase scheme
• Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Further education and development of colleagues is actively encouraged.
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS.
Balderton is a spacious practice close to Newark town centre with good links to the A46. We are situated in the beautiful Nottinghamshire countryside and a short drive from both Nottingham and Lincoln cities.
We have a full range of veterinary services and facilities, including a garden and cat-friendly areas. We offer exceptional client and patient care. Our facilities include digital radiography, endoscopy and much more. As well as our in-house services at Medivet Balderton, you’ll also get access to all the services available across the entire Medivet group, which include MRI and CT.
We have a friendly and welcoming team of 1 Vets, HVN, SVN who are all very supportive