We are looking for a sixth vet to join our small and friendly team. The right candidate will have excellent people skills, be a great communicator, empathetic and a good team player. We are looking for someone with a real passion for the job to serve our fantastic clients. The successful candidate will be experienced and confident enough to handle sole charge when needed.
• Excellent support and mentoring, fabulous nursing staff
• Interesting and varied case load in a happy easy going atmosphere
• 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays, RCVS/VDS paid
• 1 weeks paid CPD leave and generous allowance
• Salary from £34,000 to £70,000 based on experience
Established in 2019 Chalkland vets is now a thriving, proudly independent practice with an excellent reputation in the community, we have a new practice in Melksham which is also fully equipped to provide all services, vets work at both sites (see our google reviews!).
Run by two veterinary directors who are very hands on and will offer great support.
• ISFM Gold standard cat friendly clinic with separate feline suite
• Separate cat and dog waiting areas
• Lovely old building full of character and bursting with daylight, roomy consulting rooms
• RCVS general practice accredited
• Dental suite with digital dental x-ray
• Digital x-ray and ultrasound
• K laser
• Full laparoscopic kit and keyhole bitch spays as standard (training will be provided)
• Fear free approach to our patients
• Great nursing support
• Ambulance available for home visits
• We are paperless using smartflow technology for hospital and anaesthetics forms (ipads)
• We are forward thinking, constantly striving to improve and planet friendly
Chippenham is in Wiltshire on the M4 corridor. We are close to the roman city of Bath and the outstanding beauty of the Cotswolds countryside.
Getting the right candidate is important to us so we will happily consider full or part-time applicants.
Full-time vets work a 4 day week with one Friday night early finish in 3 weeks.
Saturday mornings rota share only. No Sundays or out-of-hours.
Full and part-time applicants will also be considered.
We aim for exceptional standards and great continuity of care. A good rapport with the client is an essential skill as is the ability to work as part of a team. We are looking for someone who takes a pride in being an excellent general practitioner with ability in all areas of veterinary practice. We require routine surgery and consulting skills.
A positive attitude and good sense of humour is essential, as is sharing our practice values and a drive to provide an excellent service.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.