Atherton Veterinary Centre, Manchester
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience plus a relocation allowance up to £5,000
Atherton Veterinary Centre is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We are a busy general small animal practice so you will get lots of experience in a very supportive practice environment where case continuity is strongly encouraged. The consulting and surgery rotas are shared equally.
Rota patterns that work for you
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Here at Atherton Veterinary Centre, we are dedicated to our staff and we understand the importance of a work-life balance. The rota includes working 4 or 5 days per week with 1 in 5 Saturday mornings 8.30-12.30. Part-time applicants could be accommodated, and we can be flexible to suit your and the practice's needs.
Want to know more about Atherton?
Atherton Veterinary Centre is a long-established general small animal practice. The practice is located very close to excellent motorway links to the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and the coast. The bright lights of Manchester are 20 minutes away.
The premises are purpose-designed and is fully equipped with 4 consultation rooms, 2 theatres, an imaging room, a laboratory, a large prep room, separate dog, cat, and isolation wards.
Come and join our supportive and friendly team!
Currently, our team consists of 6 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Support Staff, and Student Nurses. Our staff have access to a dedicated mental health first aider on shift, there’s always someone to support you on the more challenging days.
There’s always something going on outside of work we have our annual Christmas party which involves plenty of delicious food and drink! We meet up outside of work, recently we’ve been bowling, dog walking and enjoyed meals together as a team. We also run an in-house CPD lunch every month! The team have a wide range of interest across GP practice, case continuity is easily supported and encouraged.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 5 weeks annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.