White Cross Vets, Handsworth
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience plus a relocation allowance up to £5,000.
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely team at White Cross Vets, Handsworth in Sheffield.
The day-to-day role will include caring for all pets as if they were your own, providing excellent client service, overseeing the appointment diary, pricing of bills, work up cases thoroughly and charge in a timely manner as well as promoting the clinic within the community. This is a truly unique position that can be tailored to your interests/needs. Your days will be split between ops and consults – one full day of ops a week and additional 2nd ops shifts. Admin time is provided daily to allow you perform to the best of your ability.
Rota patterns that work for you
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Our full-time members of the teamwork 40 hours per week, over 4 days however we'd also like to hear from those looking for part time or more flexible hours. There is a requirement for working part of the Saturday Rota however no requirements for out-of-hours.
More about us a White Cross Vets
Our lovely practice is based in Handsworth, Sheffield just 15 minutes from the City Centre (which is the best city in case you didn't know!). We have excellent transport links to the centre and the clinic is just 5 minutes from the Parkway and M1. Our clinic contains a dental x-ray, an imagist machine (in house cytology), dental radiography, digital radiography, high quality ultrasound machine, monopolar/bipolar cautery, orthopaedic equipment, ECC and physiotherapy.
About our team
Our team currently consists of 3.5 Vets, 4.5 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 2 Veterinary Care Assistants. We have an imaging certificate holder as well as a surgical certificate holder and nursing certificate holders in behaviour and nutrition. Our team love to get together on our monthly wellbeing afternoons to have fun with arts and crafts etc. We are looking for a vet with ideally 3-4+ years’ experience, specific interests can be accommodated, or future support given for further development/certificates. Our team are supported by a certificate holder in Internal medicine from our local Doncaster clinic where needed. Therefore, due to the support and caseload a vet looking to develop their skills in any of the above areas or in other areas would be well supported.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 7 weeks holiday including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Up to 4 days of paternity leave for new pets
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- Private medical insurance
- 2 discretionary wellbeing days
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1250 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Discounted staff pet care
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Marcus Alphonso, Talent Partner, on firstname.lastname@example.org or the contact number provided.
Please quote BH11218 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.