Client Care Manager Location: Forest Veterinary Centre, Epping Job Type: Permanent Hours: 40 hours per week , flexible working hours available.
May be required to cover occasional weekend shifts and Bank Holidays. Your role and responsibilities
Our practice philosophy is to provide premium pet care for our clients and emergency services for our hub practices.
The Head Receptionist is a key role in leading and empowering the front-of-house teams to deliver an outstanding and polished experience to our clients and visitors to the practice. It will require you to work closely with the Clinical Directors and other senior team members. An important aspect of this role is to continuously lead by example and promote positive staff morale. Main purpose and goals
- Promote an excellent image of our practice, with high personal appearance and good communication with the public and colleagues
- Be efficient, pleasant, courteous, polite, concerned, and helpful to all clients, under all conditions, always
- Assist in monitoring and responding to client feedback
- Define, develop, implement, and communicate our client service standards, policies, and procedures to ensure optimum service is given at all times
- Assist the reception team in creating a harmonious culture in line with our values and vision
- Demonstrate positive leadership. Lead by example, motivate and boost employee morale
- Execute good telephone techniques, keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with clients
- Build relationships with the clients, demonstrate empathy, and facilitate in delivering an excellent level of service
- Be a presence within reception, lead by example by engaging with clients and their pets
- Ensure that all other staff members follow your lead in building relationships with clients
- Ensure all customer complaints are dealt with swiftly, efficiently and by the appropriate person.
- Enforce housekeeping rules, including how the reception team present themselves to customers and no eating on the front desk etc.
- Ensure staff are mindful when clients are present, conversations must be kept professional.
- Play an active role in the team by doing your share to cover any deficiency in the rota, including weekends and late shifts when required. This role is 80 percent desk based and 20 percent admin based.
- Regularly meet with Senior team members to discuss improvements to customer care
- Authorise CPD for receptionists
- Communicate regularly with your reception teams
- Perform reviews and personal development plans, ensure all the team reach their potential and fulfil their goals
- Ensure front of house teams are correctly attired and project a professional image at all times
- Ensure new staff have reviews according to protocol.
- Prepare the reception rota for the Practice, including holiday cover
- Keep rota up to date. Ensure any deficiencies such as holidays, maternity, prolonged sick leave are filled.
- Work alongside other senior team members for recruitment and interviews
- Ensure all new members of the reception team have inductions and the required training to support them to settle into their role.
- Identify and address staff training and development needs and arrange coaching where required
- Liaise with the veterinary surgeons to ensure laboratory results are communicated to the clients in a timely manner.
- Ensure CVs in relation to reception work are responded to
- Keep up to date with personal CPD & goals
- Assist in reviewing and updating protocols and procedure
Experience in motivating, managing and developing a team or in a client care environment. Previous veterinary experience desired but not essential.Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Flexible management styles
- Multi-tasking skills including ability to prioritise
- Work well under pressure
- A team player
- Good time management
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday leave
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
Here at Forest Vets, we have nearly 40 years’ experience as a veterinary practice we understand the stresses and strains that pet owners can undergo when their animals face the prospect of needing medical treatment.
At Forest Veterinary Centre we pride ourselves on making your visit as pleasant as possible and ensure that all our clients and patients are treated with the utmost care and attention. We want to provide you with peace of mind and endeavour to make your pets’ stay with us as comfortable as we can.
With our hospital in Epping, and branches in Woodford Bridge, Harlow and Isle of Dogs, our facilities are fitted with state-of-the-art equipment that put your pets’ well-being first.