An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team at Medivet Chester-le-Street, County Durham.
As qualified MRCVS, you will already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You will be competent in clinical examination and surgery, and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Branch Partnership opportunities are available where you can own a share of the clinic, have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
Full time working pattern is 4 days per week and 1 in 3 Saturdays or we can accommodate part time hours.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £50,000 per annum full time equivalent or pro rata for part time hours to include:
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package if relocating from outside or more than 50 miles from your current UK home address
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum (FTE)
- 5 weeks annual leave (FTE)
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Leadership training
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- Colleague purchase scheme
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
Skills and Experience
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS with 1+ years experience in small animal practice.
Medivet Chester-le-Street is a well-equipped clinic situated close to the town centre. It boasts dedicated wards, a large waiting room and spacious preparation area with a separate imaging suite.
Modern equipment includes digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, physiotherapy laser, and in house haematology and biochemistry machines.
There is a close knit team of dedicated and passionate Vets, Nurses and Receptionists who are keen to support and mentor a new vet. They excel in offering an exceptional service to a strong client base.