With over three hundred practices and twenty-two 24 hour hospitals, we’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals championing each other to provide exceptional care. We’re set on building the most forward-thinking, customer-centric community in the veterinary industry, in a nutshell one big happy family that gravitates forward as one unit!
We’re currently looking for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our Guildford location to lead and support a team and work in collaboration with the regional team.
There is potential for Branch Partnership at this clinic- where you will own your own practice, have autonomy and share in the rewards, whilst having the support of being part of a larger group!
We are ideally looking for our Lead Veterinary Surgeon with an interest in surgery (but not essential) with experience of the following:
· Capable of sole charge
· Holder/working toward a certificate in surgery/medicine or an interest in doing so!
· Experience in leading a team- being an inspirational and encouraging leader and empowering team members
· Must be customer centric
You will be in a well-equipped practice that offers a wide range of services including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound machine, with ease of access to nearby Medivet practices that specialise in orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, dermatology, medicine, ultrasonography, dentistry, exotics and ophthalmology.
Alongside that, you will be local to other Medivet practices that you can get a second opinion on or refer to, with access to CT and MRI.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary package up to £85,000 (Full time) - dependent on experience
- Lead Vet contribution scheme - earn up to an extra 20% on top of salary
- Flexible working either full time or part time
- 5 weeks' annual leave + bank holidays
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address within the UK we can offer up to £2,000 or if you are moving from outside of the UK we can offer you up to £5,000.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.
Branch Partnership Opportunity
Have you thought in the past about setting up your own practice but don't know where to start?
We have an amazing opportunity at Medivet Bisley for a Branch Partner to join the Medivet community, you will be empowered to run your own business with complete clinical freedom in partnership with Medivet. You will have full support of our Regional teams and Support Centre function along with the well established team in the practice.
As well as your day to day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will play a key role in leading and managing the team. You will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice client base, ensuring high standards of care are always delivered.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication skills, mediation experience, and the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Becoming part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday with maternity and paternity benefits.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience.
- You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
- You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
The clinic is situated on the outskirts of Guildford, famous for its historic cobbled high street.
Our clinic is spacious, and well equipped, with digital xrays, modern in-house laboratory testing facilities, ultrasound, two operating theatres, separate cat, dog and isolation wards.
On site out of hours service provided by Vets Now, allowing for continuity of care for our patients.