An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Surgical Certificate holder - Veterinary Surgeon to join our professional, personable team in our Alder 24 hour practice in Liverpool.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
The role would suit a vet who is currently working towards or has a surgical certificate. The successful applicant should be confident in simple orthopaedic surgeries and enjoy a mix of both surgical and first opinion work.
This is a full time role working over 4 days per week with 1:6 full weekends however a 7 on 7 off work pattern could also be considered.
Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in small animal surgery, including ability to perform TPLO/TTAs or equivalent, fracture repair and complex soft tissue (eg. perineal urethrostomy)
- Surgical certificate highly desirable
- Willingness to mentor keen surgeons within the practice
- Commitment to evidence-based clinical practice
- While this is not a consulting role, clear and empathetic client communication is essential
Salary and benefits:
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet, offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package.
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience
5 weeks' annual leave
4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
£1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
100% attendance bonus schemes
1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- 3 to 5 vets on rota daily, with guidance and support where needed
- Separate cat and dog wards
- A highly skilled and experienced nursing team
- Dedicated night team to see your cases through the night on site
- Onsite CT, ultrasound, endoscopy, and all the expected in house labs
- Located close to some of the best of what Liverpool has to offer and close to the airport