Lead Vet Surgeon Opportunity
Leaders (current and aspiring): This is a chance to really put your stamp on a practice.
Have you ever found yourself thinking about how you would run a practice if you had the chance? About what you've learned from to do (and not do), and what would set your clinic apart from the rest?
We're looking for a Lead Vet who has that sense of direction and ambition - we trust our skilled professionals to act with autonomy, but we support them along the way too.
You might be a seasoned leader who already knows the sense of satisfaction that comes with cultivating a ethos that the whole practice can get behind: come and tell us your ideas, we want to hear them.
Or perhaps you're an experienced clinician who can confidently deal with most of what enters the consult room, but your appetite for learning isn't satisfied yet, and you know there's a strong leader in you just waiting to be nurtured.
Either way, we'd like to hear from you . We can start with an informal chat - it could be the beginning of the rest of your career.
Rewards & Benefits:
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet, offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package.
- A comprehensive package starting from £65,000
- Lead Vet contribution Scheme - earn up to an extra 20% on top of your basic salary
- 5 weeks' annual leave
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
This is a full time position working 4 days per week, we can also offer school hours in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what you are looking for.
- We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Branch Partnership Opportunity
Have you thought in the past about setting up your own practice but don't know where to start?
We have an amazing opportunity at Medivet Bisley for a Branch Partner to join the Medivet community, you will be empowered to run your own business with complete clinical freedom in partnership with Medivet. You will have full support of our Regional teams and Support Centre function along with the well established team in the practice.
As well as your day to day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will play a key role in leading and managing the team. You will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice client base, ensuring high standards of care are always delivered.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication skills, mediation experience, and the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Becoming part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday with maternity and paternity benefits.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
The clinic is airy and spacious with an open-plan prep room and on-site parking.
There's not much the location can't offer, in fact it's one of the South East's best kept secrets:
- 15 mins walk from West Byfleet train station
- 5 mins from ample and beautiful green space (Horsell, Chobham and Wisley commons) and easy access to the countryside of Surrey, Hampshire and Sussex beyond
- Within 30 mins of everything the city has to offer
- Easy access to airports