Joining our professional, personable team in the practice, you’ll deliver exceptional care by going beyond consulting to listen and empathising, putting patients and clients first, always.
As well as your day to day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice optimising the client and patient experience, promoting safety while training, developing and leading the entire nursing team.
You’ll also be proactive in maintaining your own professional and clinical skills, carry out accurate and timely reporting and explore ways that we can further develop our standards.
As a RCVS Registered Veterinary Nurse, you’ll already have good knowledge of how a dynamic, practice runs efficiently and effectively. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you’ll also take the initiative in patient welfare and have caring, thoughtful communication skills. Just as important are the leadership skills essential to enabling your team to work as one and look ahead to see how they can be even better.
This is a full time position working 5 days per week, however we can potentially be flexible with hours/days worked. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what you are looking for.
- Clinical Coaching
- Nurse Consults
- Training and mentoring
Salary and Benefits
- Salary of £32,500 per annum
- CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA membership fees
- 25 days annual leave (equivalent to 5 weeks) plus bank holidays
- Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Additional benefits, including 100% attendance scheme
- ‘Peternity’ leave
Situated within the beautiful county of Surrey, the Woodham Lane practice is a beautiful facility which was historically family led. As a recently acquired practice, Medivet are looking for a Head Nurse who can promote change and develop a strong team to support our Lead Vet and new front of house teams, to grow and develop the business to reach its full potential.
It's strong client base makes for an excellent learning ground, with the opportunity for nurses to be exposed to a varied caseload, do nursing consults and expand themselves and their leadership skills. This is the ideal opportunity for any nurse looking to make a practice their own, as well as have excellent work/life balance.
The clinic is airy and spacious with an open-plan prep room and on-site parking. The practice has local shops nearby and has great facilities including x-ray.
There's not much the location can't offer, in fact it's one of the South East's best kept secrets:
• 15 mins walk from West Byfleet train station, easy access to London Waterloo.
• 5 mins from ample and beautiful green space (Horsell, Chobham and Wisley commons) and easy access to the countryside of Surrey, Hampshire and Sussex beyond
• Within 30 mins of everything the city has to offer
• Easy access to airports