Medivet have an exciting opportunity for a specialist in surgery to join the team at our East Midlands referral centre.
Our veterinary surgeons are at the front line of delivering exceptional care and play an integral part of each one of our sites, from routine health checks to advanced surgeries you’ll work directly with patients and clients to offer care that’s bespoke to them and provide essential support to lead vets or branch partners in delivering exceptional care. Experience with Arthroscopy would be beneficial but not essential.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
At EMR we have an established network of transferring practices and we would love a specialist to support us in growing further. We've also started building a new site extension, adding in new kennels and a second theatre alongside the existing resources like the on-site CT scanner and MRI which are heavily used to assist with pre-surgical assessments and planning.
Our incredible team of skilled nurses, patient care assistants and receptionists are a great group who look forward to making a new clinician feel welcome.
This is a permanent, full-time position, working 39 hours per week over four days and 1:8 weekends but we're open to being flexible where we can so get in touch and let us know what works for you.
Salary package of up to £120,000 PA
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Leadership training.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Collaborate with the team with the to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK.
- Understanding of relevant veterinary laws, regulations, and RCVS guidelines.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Knowledge of animal behaviour and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analyzers.
- Effective communication with colleagues and ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
EMR is based in Hucknall and only five miles from Nottingham city Centre, the clinic is well placed for access to the M1 and to the beautiful Derbyshire Dales and Peak District. It is a fully equipped referral centre, including a separate operating theatre, digital x-ray, ultrasound and endoscopy with access to MRI and CT scanner. The clinic has a fantastic local reputation, the team of vets includes several established certificate holders supported buy a head nurse one RVN, an SVN and four client care assistants.
At Medivet Referrals East Midlands, we deliver exceptional veterinary care, treating every pet we meet as a member of the family. We offer excellent facilities and a full range of veterinary services delivered by a team of compassionate and experienced professionals