2 High St, London, Bushey WD23 3DNPractice:
Blythwood ( Bushey)Hours:
40 hours a weekSalary:
Up to £35,500, depending on experienceAre you seeking a new opportunity in a thriving practice with an amazing team and plenty of opportunities for growth and development? Keep reading! We're looking for a Lead Nurse to join our team and would love to hear from you.
We are recruiting for an RVN to join our fantastic team of over 30 staff including receptionists, nurses and vets across all four of our sites - Bushey, Hatch End, Northwood and Stanmore.
The Lead Nurse role is key to the business ability to provide a high level of clinical standards. The Lead Nurse will ensure that patients are managed as effectively as possible from a nursing perspective to support the profitability and further growth of the practice. Working enthusiastically with your team you will help maintain a happy, efficient working environment whilst providing outstanding patient and client care.Main purpose & goals
- Maintain an overview of the nursing team and provision of patient care across the team that you lead
- Managing your area of responsibility by working with other lead nurses and the Clinical Nursing Manager in order to achieve this
- Demonstrating an excellent work protocol in all nursing duties including high level of hygiene and the ability to recognise and undertake relevant actions with regards to infection control
- Approximately 95% of the role will be clinical duties, to allow 5% for administration that may come with that role including a full share of the on-call rota
- Ensure that you and those working in your area of responsibility provide a high and sustainable quality of nursing care
- To provide a high level of clinical standards to including implementing the PSS and ISFM
- To provide leadership to those working in your area of responsibility
- To support the Clinical Nursing Manager
- To ensure effective communication within your area of responsibility.
The Nursing Career Framework is designed to support career progression and development and supports clinically focussed pathways and a people leadership pathway.
Our Nurse Career Framework also supports a competitive salary reflecting skills, and experience held while identifying future goals and opportunities
CPD including advanced qualifications is actively encouraged as this facilitates development of the veterinary nursing teams to ensure the team are fully utilised and able to work at the top of their licence.Benefits
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Enhanced sickness policy
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- CPD allowance and allocated CPD days
- Access to an extensive range of clinical and non-clinical learning and development programmes
- Progression & development opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Wellness program, including;
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Flu vaccine voucher
- Recruitment reward scheme
Blythwood Vets has been established in the local area for over 40 years.
We pride ourselves on our experience, our expertise and the care we provide for our patients. Lead by our Clinical Director Barry Cameron, our dedicated team of vets have a wealth of experience within the veterinary industry and share their knowledge with the team. Many of our staff have been with us for many years, there is usually a familiar face to greet you at the surgery. Each of our vets have their own special clinical interests. Our vets and vet nurses undertake annual CPD courses to enhance their knowledge. Our nurses are fully qualified and registered with the Royal College of Nursing. All our staff members attend regular training to ensure we provide the best service possible.Part of an amazing global family
Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best - caring for pets. We are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to makeA BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best - caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success, and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
Linnaeus is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, we are committed to fostering a culture that is inclusive and diverse for all our associates.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the Apply Button or for more information, please feel free to reach out directly to our Talent Acquisition team email@example.com
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone. For more information, click here https://www.linnaeusgroup.co.uk/about-us/health-and-wellbeing
Interested in learning more about our current Nurse opening and for a confidential conversation, please get in touch with our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org