Experienced Veterinary Surgeon
Riverside Veterinary Centre, Belper
Up to £65,000 depending on experience, a welcome bonus up to £5,000, up to £5,000 relocation support, plus benefits
Join our team at Riverside Veterinary Centre in Belper!
It’s an exciting time at Riverside, we’re expanding! We are currently looking for two vets to join our friendly and supportive team. We offer flexibility from part-time to full-time within our opening hours. Your role will encompass consulting, surgery, and diagnostics. Our vets normally work fixed days each week and share a rota between operating and consulting. You'll enjoy a varied caseload with strong support from our Veterinary Nursing team. Our practice operates from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm during the week and from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm on Saturdays. You'll be required to work 1:4 Saturdays. Vets Now covers our out-of-hours emergencies. We are equipped with abdominal and cardiac scanning, with plans for dental x-ray and potential laparoscopic spaying in the future.
At Riverside, no two days will be the same, but some tasks will include:
- Small animal surgical procedures
- Minor procedures
- Client liaison
- Working up cases
- Caring for hospitalized animals
- Treatment plans
A little about us
Belper is a vibrant town with excellent transport links and a bustling high street. Nestled on the edge of the Peak District National Park, it offers picturesque outdoor activities. We are in the exciting process of relocating to a new, larger building in Milford, just a mile away. Our focus is on providing a warm, friendly environment to our clients while delivering exceptional service.
We have recently relocated to an iconic mill building and invested in modern equipment, including multi-parameters, a patient warming system, and bespoke dental equipment. Our new practice will be cat-friendly and fear-free, with increased clinical spaces for a larger surgical caseload.
Meet like-minded professionals
Riverside Veterinary Centre boasts a stable, close-knit team of 15 individuals - 5 Vets, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN, 3 Receptionists, and a Practice Manager. Our focus is on kindness and mutual respect. It's very important for all of us to foster a supportive, sociable atmosphere, with regular practice meetings scheduled during working hours, complete with dinner. Our team meetings are enhanced with delightful treats. We are proud to have mental health and menopause champions and are working towards our positive pawprint award.
Are you the perfect fit?
We are seeking Veterinary Surgeons who are passionate about general practice. Being an OV is preferred but not required, we are enthusiastic about supporting further training, including certificates.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support and further training
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Jim Dixon, Talent Partner, at the contact number provided, reference BH10672.
To submit your application, click the Apply Now button.